Friday, November 14, 2008

Experiment Part 2

I put the experimental blocks away and decided to try the same technique, keeping the fabrics that worked and replacing the ones that didn't. I liked the resulting blocks so much better that I went ahead and made sashing or connecting blocks for the two new blocks. Of course I had to try the new blocks with the original, unloved ones. They actually blended pretty well. I now had the core of a quilt that was pretty interesting to me.
IMG_0380v2
I've now made more blocks, staying with the on point setting. I love the abstract, very colorful look. I became a little obsessed with it last weekend. It is a really neat technique developed by Sandi Cummings
IMG_0384v2

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just added my site to the Quiltland webring and was surfing through. I love these blocks! They look great! Just wanted to leave my two cents!

Laura said...

Thank you Serena! I just took a look at your blog. I'm looking forward to what you'll do as time goes on. My grandmother and great aunts were also the people who first put a needle in my hand. They were from Appalachia too. It is a beautiful part of the country with great traditions.