Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Quilt Show

Last night and tonight I uploaded some of my archive of quilt show pictures to Flickr. I love to to go to quilt shows and I love to take pictures of the quilts. I've enjoyed the activity in and of itself but I also think it has been a form of study. I think I've actually learned things. It has certainly expanded my visual vocabulary related to quilts and given me lots of material to refine my sense of what I like, how much I like it and what is ultimately important to me about this craft/activity/art that I find so compelling.

As I was sending things out to that photo cloud in the sky tonight one in particular caught my eye.
IMG_0081v2
I took a lot of pictures of this one.
IMG_0082v2
It is simple in terms of piecing and yet it is pieced. It has complex surface design: hand-dyed looking, hand-embroidered, embellished with pearly buttons and quilted and finally it is a diptych so the theme gets developed twice.
IMG_0083

No comments: