Saturday, May 17, 2008

No Posts For Two Weeks and Here's Why...

I have been traveling, sewing and taking classes.

First, I've nearly finished the red work quilt. I'm determined that it not become another UFO and I am almost done. It is in fact queen-sized and that makes it the largest quilt I have ever made. I had everything embroidered and cut out when it was time for the Stratavarious quilt class (May 3rd). It was a full-day class. I enjoyed the instructors very much and the technique was easy and interesting. Much of the cutting and sewing was done the day of the class. But I wanted to finish the red work quilt and take it to be quilted in Ohio. Despite several late nights piecing I didn't finish by my departure time but I really only have one (very long) pieced border to add. But when I came back I had to do all of the cutting for the Hearts and Bows class this past Tuesday evening. Mom and I did some of the cutting at home but I had to finish up on Monday. Now I have to have the first two rows done by this coming Tuesday. It is a bit breathless but I feel really productive.
Pictures soon.

No comments: