Monday, March 24, 2008

The Great Unfinished Project True Confession

Yes, it's true: I have unfinished projects. I have big ones, small ones, ones I like, ones I'm not so sure about and a few that are just "what-was-I-thinking." I have some that are nearly done, some that are in full "unfinished bloom" and some that are only yet a mere suggestion of a project. I have so many, that honestly, they have begun to take up noticeable precious studio space and it has reached a crisis point where I can no longer do my favorite thing -- start new projects!

And so to motivate me, to catalog my inventory and to formalize milestones, I will present here, for any one who cares to see, some sample*of my unfinished projects. The goal is to finish up the things I present and move them out of my studio. To help this process I will try to identify the barrier that is keeping me from finishing the project and the solution or way around the barrier.

I'll begin with an easy one. These are two pieces of dimensional fiber art/embroidery that I mostly finished in a class. They need to be framed or mounted so they can be displayed. I guess I don't know where I would put them after they are completed. To complete these I need to decide where I will put them.


*Originally I intended to document ALL of my projects that are not done but the goal is to finish some things and not to get too overwhelmed.

No comments: