Saturday, September 15, 2018

African Geese

My African Geese quilt at the Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza hanging in the Philadelphia Modern Quilt Guild exhibition.

I started this in a mini-class at the Mid-Atlantic Mod retreat a few years back. I have a shelf full of African prints but I had never used even one because the perfect quilt had not presented itself. The class instructor is notably unafraid of prints of any kind. She inspired me to cut up my precious prints and use them! I'm glad I did because I really like the quilt. Pattern is Release the Geese by Sarah Bond.  It went together neat and clever.  I especially appreciated how she engineered the large concave borders that the rounds of geese fit into.  
It was quilted by Tricia Patton Scott and she did an amazing job.  The fabric I used in the center is from another African print that actually has geese printed on it.  She quilted around them very delicately with gold thread.  




No comments: