Monday, September 24, 2018

EPP and Me

Evelyn, no. 24

I have become interested in, one might say obsessed, with EPP or English paper piecing.  I've been working from The New Hexagon , a book by Katja Marek, for several months.  The blocks are all numbered and given women's names.  The block above is number 24, Evelyn.    

Sonja, no.38
I've made this particular set while participating in the Glorious Hexagon Facebook sew-a-long using all, or mostly, Kaffe Fassett fabric.  I had liked, and purchased Kaffe fabric for years prior to starting this project.  However I was always just a bit overwhelmed by it.  It tends to be bright and busy.  It was hard for me to combine it with other fabric. Using pieces of the pattern like this is intriguing.  
Marjorie, no. 25
It is also very satisfying to make the 3 inch hexies.  They are complete little works in and of themselves - but they are also modular and will all fit together to make a much larger final work.  
Mary Ellen, no. 28
I've also enjoyed leaning to fussy cut the fabric to make kaleidoscopic designs. 
Kelly, no.10
However recently a new EPP quilt block, Brimfield Awakening, has caught my eye and now I'm working on that one too.  I'll post about that another time.

No comments: