Monday, June 01, 2009

What I've Been Doing

Twittering. I signed up for Twitter because I didn't "get it" and I needed, both professionally and personally, to understand what it was - AND - I will confess I like all of the words that go along with Twittering. Like Tweet. I actually started to use Twitter as part of my day job, tweeting through "webinars" and on line conferences as a kind of widely distributed on line chat. Now I like it. It is a quick way to record what I'm thinking about or doing to some extent (although, honestly, I don't use it much that way). A convenient way to promote anything I want to promote and an easy way to connect to others across a wide spectrum of my own interests. For example, someone sent out the URL to a great blog the other day: http://www.subversivestitch.blogspot.com/. I love all the content it is packed with. It makes me want to try to do something different with my own blog.

Cleaning my sewing studio. I've been taking stock of everything that I actually do and putting away or getting rid of materials and tools that I seldom use. I've also purged some projects that I accept that I will never finish. This is part of the Paducah effect of looking at quilting more seriously. It is like walking around what I do and looking at it from an entirely other direction. Interesting.

Piecing and thinking. I am working on piecing my moon and stars quilt. I have been quilting some off and on since undergraduate school. Over the years there have been various parts of the process I didn't like. Now I like all parts of the process. Maybe some more that others, but there is nothing that stops projects from moving forward. An illustration, in part, of skills building through classes. Thank you to all the wonderful and diverse teachers I've had over the years.

No comments: