Monday, April 14, 2008

Craft Show Favorites

My Goodness, it's been days since I've posted! We visited the Smithsonian Craft Show and saw some beautiful things. I think there were more fiber crafters and paper artists than usual and I found plenty to be inspired by. Favorites were:

Jung-Ok Chung's embroidery looked as though it was simply laying on the surface of the fabric. I had to sort of rotate my view around the pieces to figure out if and where the threads were entering the fabric. Her work floats.

Virginia Rose Kane's botanical collages were intricate and interesting.

The images on line don't do Lucrezia Bieler's work justice. You can look at these detailed and delicate paper cuts long and much and find new things to see. Talking to the artist herself confirms the thought that goes into the work. They are delightful.

A view from the balcony.

No comments: