Saturday, April 19, 2008

Lazy Saturday

I don't seem to be able to do much to day. I didn't sleep well last night. I worked on my redwork quilt the first part of the night and tossed and turned for the rest of it. I made many of the embroidery block when I first got my Bernina a couple of years ago so I guess I could consider it a sort of UFO and count it towards my Great Unfinished Project Confession but now, honestly, it has grown far beyond those couple of dozen early learning pieces.




I'm intending it to be an actual bed quilt, queen-sized, and I've made a lot of progress. This kind of traditional piecing is mindless but soothing. You cut the pieces precisely, but since it is fabric and fairly forgiving, you don't really have to stress much about it. Then, especially for a simple quilt like this one, you sit at the machine (always my friend!) and stitch for as long as you want to and not really think about anything. After I got the the point last night where I realized I would have to embroider more squares to finish it out and I didn't want to set up the embroidery unit, I picked up some scraps and started to play with how small I could piece something.

No comments: