Thursday, April 23, 2009

After Paducah

I had a wonderful time at the quilt show. I took many, many picture, spent time at the show everyday, explored the town and ate the most amazing piece of coconut creme pie. I also got a bit overwhelmed with quilts, ideas and inspiration. I overheard show goers around me exclaiming over the beauty and imagination on display and more than once expressing near-despair at ever approaching the level of accomplishment on display. I could certainly empathize with the feeling. On the other hand it was amazing to be immersed in all things quilty for 4 days.

Next year, or the next time I go to a big show, I will take a class. The quantity and quality of the classes looked amazing.

Pictures are being uploaded to my Flickr set here. More to come about the quilts and the show.

No comments: