Monday, April 20, 2009

Getting Ready

It is the dreariest, most dour day here. So windy that even the little trees usually sheltered alongside the much taller buildings are whipping around. Dark enough that I have the lights on though it is only 2:30 in the afternoon (compact fluorescent of course, at least mostly...). The rain is audible nearly everywhere in the house.

It is not a good day to clean up the garden, something I thought I might do today, but it is a great day to spend in the sewing room with a cup of tea. My vacation week started Friday. I finally finished squaring up the first thing I've ever done that I would consider an art quilt. It was an adventure! It is now ready to be backed and quilted. Its small enough to be done on the machine.

That freed up the design wall so that I could start to take a look at the pieces for my Moon and Stars quilt.
IMG_0394v2
Seeing it up inspired the creation of many more moons and stars. I've used up all of the applique backing I had.

Then I moved on to painting chipboard. I'm not sure what I'll use it for but it was fun to slather the color on the gray paper.

During breaks from sewing and coloring I worked on getting ready to go to Paducah! I leave tomorrow.

No comments: